Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer

Connecticut Voting Guide

Welcome to FindLaw's Connecticut Voting Guide. This article will serve as a voter guide and answer questions about your eligibility to vote, voter registration, absentee ballots, how to find your polling place, what to bring to the polls, accommodations, and what to do if you see illegal activity at the polls.

Am I eligible to vote in Connecticut?

To vote in Connecticut, you must be:

  • A U.S. citizen and a resident of Connecticut
  • At least 18 years of age before Election Day
  • Registered to vote, which you can do on or before Election Day

If you've committed a felony in the past and are currently in a correctional facility, on parole, or on probation for violating Connecticut election laws, you are not eligible to vote.

If you have completed your sentence, parole, and have paid all fines associated with your conviction, you can register to vote.

You are eligible to vote if you have mental or developmental disabilities unless a probate court judge has ruled that you are incompetent to exercise your right to vote.


Where Do I Vote?

Connecticut polling places are open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day.

How To Register in Connecticut

There are several ways to register to vote in Connecticut. This includes registering:

In Person

You can go to your local registrar of voters to register in person.


You can register to vote online with the Office of the Secretary of the State.

At the DMV

If you have a Connecticut drivers' license, you are automatically registered to vote by the DMV.

By Mail

You can download a paper copy of the voter registration form to complete and mail in. 

Connecticut Voting Resources

Your vote counts. Take the time to learn how and when to vote.


You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:

Protect Your Voting Rights

Contact a qualified attorney if you suspect your rights have been violated.

Copied to clipboard

Find a Lawyer

More Options