Pennsylvania Voting Guide
Voting is a critical aspect of a functioning democracy. Pennsylvania has taken many steps to make voting accessible for residents, but casting your ballot can be confusing if you are unfamiliar with the local process. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the voting process in this Pennsylvania voting guide.
Am I eligible to vote in Pennsylvania?
You are eligible to vote in Pennsylvania if you are:
- A citizen of the United States of America for at least one month prior to the election
- A resident of Pennsylvania for at least 30 days prior to the election
- At least 18 years of age on Election Day
However, you are ineligible to vote in Pennsylvania if you:
- Have been convicted of a felony and are currently incarcerated
- Have violated the Pennsylvania Election Code within the last four years
How to Register in Pennsylvania
There are several ways to register to vote in Pennsylvania. This includes registering:
At the DMV
Register at any Department of Transportation location while applying for your driver's license/permit.