Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Paying Child Support

Parents whose children are in the physical custody of the other parent usually are required to pay child support. These payments are meant to help cover the costs of raising a child. Whether it's through a mutual agreement or a court order, paying child support is not only important to the child's well-being but also strictly enforced by state authorities. In fact, a parent who ignores a court order to pay child support could face criminal punishment.

The issues of child support should revolve around what is best for the child. The following articles cover various issues pertaining to the payment of child support.

Learn About Paying Child Support

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard

Find a Lawyer

More Options