Crossing the U.S. Border: Resources
Here you will find links to videos and other resources relevant to crossing the U.S. border as a foreign visitor. Topics include visa and identification requirements; special qualifications for expedited travel; restricted items; and more. Most of the following resources are provided by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
- Activities and Programs for Travelers - Links to various travel programs, organized by type of travel and category of traveler (DHS).
- Travel Alerts - Travel alerts and advisories from the Transportation Security Administration, CBP, the Department of State, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (DHS).
- US-VISIT Resources and Materials - Informational guides and videos about the US-VISIT biometrics-based authentication and security process (DHS).
- Clearing CBP - General information about clearing customs when crossing the border into the United States (CBP).
- Restricted/Prohibited Goods - Overview of which items may not be brought across the U.S. border and which items have certain restrictions (CBP).
- Wait Times - Airport and Border - Estimated wait times for major U.S. airports and land borders with the United States (CBP).
- Trusted Traveler Programs - Information about travel programs that provide expedited border crossing procedures for low-risk travelers (CBP).
- CBP Search Authority - Updates and primers on search procedures with regard to visiting the United States (CBP).
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.
Contact a qualified immigration attorney to help you with visa procedures.