Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Warrant's Jani Lane Gets Jail Time for DUI

By Jason Beahm | Last updated on

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. It's harsh but generally good advice. If you want to stay out of jail, avoid doing things that are likely to land you there. Like driving drunk and running into parked cars when you're already on probation.

Warrant singer Jani Lane has been sentenced to 120 days in jail after his second DUI arrest in two years. He was arrested on May 9 in Woodland Hills in California. He was arrested after he rammed into a parked car and failed a breathalyzer test. That always makes for a tough day at the office and a very expensive visit to an attorney. Fortunately no one was seriously hurt or injured.

Lane, who famously sang "Cherry Pie," (Put a smile on your face ten miles wide...Looks so good bring a tear to your eye...Sweet cherry pie, yeah!) pleaded no contest to the charges. The judge ordered Lane to a 2 1/2 year alcohol education class and took away his driver's license for three years.

States are continuing to crack down on DUI offenders, especially repeat offenders. Many states have changed their DUI laws recently, increasing penalties on repeat offenders.

California has two new laws that just went into effect July 1st regarding DUIs: Assembly Bill 91 and Senate Bill 598.

AB 91 created a pilot program for select counties, including Los Angeles, that requires drivers convicted of a DUI offense to install ignition interlock devices in their vehicles as a condition to receive restricted driving privileges. Under the pilot program the devices are now mandatory for everyone convicted of a DUI, in every vehicle they own and operate.

Related Resources:

Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard