The Top 5 Legally Weird Stories of 2012
How better to mark the dog days of summer than with a look back at nitwits and ne'er-do-wells whose actions landed them in the dog house?
A mid-year roundup of our most popular Legally Weird blog posts so far in 2012 includes fraternity brothers, ghosts, suspected drug use, and the need to relieve oneself. In short, something for everyone.
Here, in reverse order, are our Top 5 stories so far this year:
- Did Drugs Make Rudy Eugene Chew on a Naked Miami Man's Face? -- Turns out, there were no bath salts at all in Rudy Eugene's system when he allegedly bit off parts of a homeless man's face. But the bizarre incident, still unexplained, set off a national furor over bath salts. (It also prompted the CDC to officially disclaim the existence of a zombie apocalypse.)
- Boy, 11, Pees on $36,000 Worth of MacBooks -- Suffice it to say, teachers were not relieved to see what an elementary school student did to their shiny new MacBooks. But the $36,000 question is: Why won't Apple repair them? The "No. 1" answer in our mid-year roundup is just a click away.
- Tenants Fear Rental House Is Haunted, Sue for Refund -- Maybe you ain't afraid of no ghosts, but then again you probably don't live at 100 Terrace Ave. in Toms River, N.J. If you did, you may understand why a pair of tenants demanded their security deposit back.
- Man Dies During Threesome, Family Wins $3M for Medical Malpractice -- A father of two died during a menage-a-trois, but it didn't have to happen, a jury found. They blamed both the man and his heart doctor. Find out why.
- Fraternity Sued Over Bottle Rocket Shot From Anus -- It's hard to turn the other cheek when a bottle rocket explodes in your rectum. This college prank gone wrong shows how drinking and frat-house antics can take an unexpected turn. It's our most-clicked-on post in our Legally Weird mid-year roundup.