Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Thief's 'I'm Me' Forehead Tattoo Helps with Arrest

By Laura Strachan, Esq. | Last updated on

The permanency of a tattoo is something people often seriously consider before putting ink to skin. The design and the location are also factors up for reflection. A forehead tattoo is perhaps one of the more visible tattoos an individual can get, and one that is virtually impossible to hide absent an extensive hat collection. Another factor to mull over is how a tattoo will implicate you criminally.

There is perhaps no better example of this last consideration than the South Florida iPhone thief whose "I'm Me" forehead tattoo helped lead to his arrest. MSNBC reports that 19 year-old Joseph Eric Williams robbed as many as fifteen AT&T stores in the past two months. Williams approach was very straightforward -- he simply walked into an AT&T store and took a couple phones from the display case by pulling them from their security cables, and ran out the store.

Stores began to offer a $1,000 reward for Williams along with a description of his appearance, tattoo and all. The presence of the self-explanatory "I'm Me" forehead tattoo led police right to the sticky-fingered thief. Williams also has a money bag and a tear drop on his face, making him even more recognizable.

He might as well have tatooed "Arrest me" on his forehead.

Joseph Eric Williams is now being held on $13,000 bail and faces at least four counts of grand theft. Classifying a crime as grand or petty theft usually relates to the value of the good stolen. With iPhones priced close to $600, it is easy to see how the charges against him added up quickly.

Related Resources:

Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard