Top 10 Personal Injury Blog Posts of 2014
The 2014 year was like many before it, full of injuries, dangerous defects, and personal injury lawsuits.
FindLaw's Injured wants its readers to know what legal options exist for those who are injured or placed in dangerous situations, and 2014 has not failed to educate.
So let's look at the 10 most popular Injured stories for 2014:
- Can the 'Ice Bucket Challenge' Lead to Injury? -- The latest in a long string of viral video challenges was the "Ice Bucket Challenge," and it presented a great deal of legal issues.
- After a Deposition, What Happens Next? -- Americans are more or less clueless about the deposition process, especially what happens after a witness is deposed.
- Airbag Defect, Deaths Lead to Recall Involving 4.7M Cars -- One of the largest auto recalls in 2014 dealt with vehicles equipped with Takata airbags.
- Can You Sue If Your Photo Is Used Without Your Permission? -- You should know your legal options when you unexpectedly find that your picture is part of some new aggressive marketing campaign.
- Can You Sue Someone for Giving You an STD? -- STDs are often an unfortunate consequence of being sexually active, but in some cases, you might be able to sue former sexual partners.
- Can You Sue Someone for Beating You Up? -- Too often, being beaten up is simply viewed as bad luck or an unfortunate fact of life, but you can use the law to recover.
- Online Mugshot Lawsuit: Settlement Reached -- The beginning of 2014 saw the end to a long legal battle over real mugshots used by several mugshot websites.
- If You're Injured at the Gym, Can You Sue? -- When you feel the pain of a gym injury, you might be able to get some "gain" through the courts.
- When Can You Sue for Loss of Consortium? -- Civil lawsuits can take into account the love and affection lost between spouses and family members due to personal injury or death.
- Man's Fingertips Severed on Disney World Ride -- Disney World often costs an arm and a leg, but this British tourist lost fingertips too.
Be sure to keep yourself up to date and out of danger by following Injured in 2015.
- Subscribe to weekly digests of the latest Injured stories by clicking here.
- Top 3 Injury Questions From FindLaw Answers: December 2014 (FindLaw's Injured)
- Top 10 Personal Injury Blog Posts of 2013 (FindLaw's Injured)
- Top 10 Tips to Prevent Boating Accidents, Injuries (FindLaw's Injured)
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.