Idaho Small Claims Courts
Created by FindLaw's team of legal writers and editors | Last reviewed June 20, 2016
This article has been written and reviewed for legal accuracy, clarity, and style by FindLaw’s team of legal writers and attorneys and in accordance with our editorial standards.
The last updated date refers to the last time this article was reviewed by FindLaw or one of our contributing authors. We make every effort to keep our articles updated. For information regarding a specific legal issue affecting you, please contact an attorney in your area.
In Idaho, the Magistrate Division of the District Court processes small claims that do not exceed $4,000, per Idaho Statute 1-2301.
- Small Claims in Idaho Video from the Idaho State Judiciary.
- Forms: Small Claims. Form packets are available as doc/rtf, pdf, and SOME packets are available in an online interactive format. All interactive forms are housed with Idaho Legal Aid Services.
- Idaho District Court websites
- Second Judicial District Small Claims Information Includes forms and instructions.
- Third Judicial District Small Claims Court. Includes forms and online guides.
- Fifth Judicial District Small Claims Basic information about small claims.
- Sixth Judicial District Small Claims Features "How to File or Defend a Case in Small Claims Court," "How to Collect a Small Claims Judgment," and downloadable small claims forms.
Last updated on 07/08/2013
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.
Contact a qualified attorney to help you with preparing for and dealing with going to court.