Skip to main content

Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Search for legal issues
For help near (city, ZIP code or county)
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location

New York Small Claims Courts

District, City, and Justice Courts in the state of New York have Small Claims Parts that are authorized to hear cases that do not exceed $5,000, or $3,000 in town and village courts. The definition is set forth in UDC Article 18, Sect. 1801

Last updated on 07/09/07

Next Steps

Contact a qualified attorney to help you with preparing for and dealing with going to court.

Help Me Find a Do-It-Yourself Solution

Find a Lawyer

More Options