Mississippi Voting Guide
Voting allows citizens to participate in and influence their federal, state, and local governments. Knowing what to expect when Election Day approaches in Mississippi will making casting your ballot much easier.
Am I eligible to vote in Mississippi?
To be eligible to vote in Mississippi, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A resident of the state of Mississippi and the precinct in which you are registered to vote for at least 30 days before the election
- At least 18 years of age on Election Day
You are not eligible to vote in Mississippi if you have been:
- Declared mentally incompetent by a legal court
- Convicted of a disenfranchising crime
How to Register in Mississippi
There are several ways to register to vote in Mississippi. This includes registering:
Fill out a voter registration application at any state or federal government office that provides government services.
Examples of locations include the Municipal Clerk's Office, Circuit Clerk's Office, and Dept. of Public Safety.
If you prefer to register by mail, you can do so by filling out a Mississippi voter registration application.