Block on Trump's Asylum Ban Upheld by Supreme Court
Summer is unofficially over, but those legally weird stories just keep on coming.
We realize you may have taken a much-needed break over the past few months. Strange and stupid criminals, however, apparently didn't.
So in case you missed some of these gems, here's our list of the Top 10 strangest stories to grace our Legally Weird blog so far this summer:
- The First Rule of Toddler Fight Club is 'No Pinching, Only Punching': We'd like to summarize the gist of this story, but isn't the first rule supposed to be "Do Not Talk About Toddler Fight Club"? Find out why three daycare staffers may slapped with severe punishments.
- Naked Man Covered in Crisco Just Wanted 'To Party': Some not-so-slick moves got this naked Crisco party-seeker carted off to jail. So why didn't his lewd exposure charge stick?
- Boy, 11, Pees on $36,000 Worth of MacBooks: An elementary school's "No. 1" concern about its shiny new laptops probably wasn't a boy with a bladder-control problem. Learn why the damage doesn't fall under warranty.
- Deputy 'Forcibly' Removed Tampon During Traffic Stop, FL Woman Claims: The woman's lawsuit alleges some outrageous civil rights violations, but the sheriff's office insists they never happened. Find out what the woman could potentially face if she's making the whole thing up.
- Jury Shown Video of TX Teacher's Group Sex with Students: The teacher, a married mother, got down and dirty with students who were all legally adults. So why is she facing a potentially long detention in prison?
- Did Drugs Make Rudy Eugene Chew on a Naked Miami Man's Face?: We may never know what led a depraved man to engage in cannibalism. But for a few weeks, this bizarre incident led to nationwide concerns about bath salts, and even zombies.
- Abercrombie Model Forced to Masturbate Before Photo Shoot: Lawsuit: The clothier has faced criticism over its use of sex in ads, but never quite like this. Read more about the alleged hands-on experience that placed a male model in an uncomfortable position.
- Escaped Python Found Wrapped Around Sleeping Baby: A dangerously close call involving a slithery intruder may be grounds for a lawsuit. It's definitely a wake-up call for the python's owner.
- 3 Women Attack Red Lobster Waitress for Filling Water Too Fast: There must be something in the water at this Red Lobster location -- the site of not one, but two recent waitress attacks. Find out what petty grievances made patrons so disorderly.
- Man Dies During Threesome, Family Wins $3M for Medical Malpractice: Jurors found the married father was at fault for his own death, but they also blamed his doctor. The ill-fated tryst was one of our strangest and most popular Legally Weird blog posts this summer.
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.