Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Man Slaps Chicago Bears' Devin Hester at Casino, Gets Arrested

By Stephanie Rabiner, Esq. | Last updated on

In a very bizarre story, an Illinois man was arrested Friday night after he slapped Devin Hester on the back of the head.

The incident occurred at the Rivers Casino in Des Plaines while the Chicago Bears wide receiver was waiting in line. Daniel G. Rago, 52, claims he attacked Hester in defense of two elderly patrons.

Hester had allegedly cut in line.

Once released from prison, Daniel Rago realized he had slapped Devin Hester. When asked about the incident, he told Fox Chicago the following:

"We were all waiting in line. We were all happy, we won a little bit of money and all of a sudden the gentleman in front of me walked over two tellers to the left. And I said, 'Excuse me, these two elderly people were in front of you.' And that person replied, 'They waved me up.' And I'm like, 'No, the next person in line should have went to the left.'"

After no response, Rago walked up to Hester and smacked him on the head. He then walked away.

In an example of pure restraint, Devin Hester reported the incident to security, according to CBS Sports. He did not follow Rago, or react violently. He just waited for local police to arrive.

Yes, we now have proof that professional athletes can act responsibly.

Daniel Rago is expected in court on December 1, reports the Chicago Tribune. Chances are his embarrassment will be more of a punishment than anything the court dishes out.

Though Rago will likely have to pay a small fine, he will forever be known as the Bears fan who slapped Devin Hester.

Related Resources:

Was this helpful?

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard