Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Find a Lawyer

More Options

Dude, Your Phone Is Obsolete

By William Vogeler, Esq. on October 16, 2017 | Last updated on March 21, 2019

Remember that 70s show when somebody was holding a cell phone as big as a shoe to their head?

No, not "Get Smart." That was a shoe and it was the 60s. Anyway, it doesn't matter what show because we're talking about old cell phones.

Dude, double-check but maybe your cell phone is obsolete.

Windows Phone Is Dead

Microsoft is pulling the plug on the Windows phone. It had been on life support for some time.

The phone had so many problems the company just gave up. According to reports, Microsoft will continue to fix bugs, security updates, etc.

But Joe Belfiore, head of the Windows division, said they can't even solve the app problems. Companies and developers don't want to work on Windows phone apps.

Industry writers had been predicting the phone's demise since 2012. The rumors were not exaggerated.

Who's Next?

The Windows phone is not the only wireless phone to have gone the way of obsolescense. It is the graveyard of all technology.

Here are some signs that your phone is dead or soon will be:

  • Your Android is a Galaxy Note 7 (the blow-up version)
  • Your iPhone is more than five years old (iPhone 5c or earlier)
  • Your cell phone comes from 7-Eleven (just kidding)

Of course, it's not the brand name that becomes obsolete; it's the technology. Cellular service itself will give way to other communication networks.

While your phone is becoming obsolete, it may still have value in the future. Look at the Communicator; it's a 60s device and will be in "Star Trek" movies and television series for generations.

Related Resources:

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Copied to clipboard