Skip to main content
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Connecticut Small Claims Courts

In Connecticut, small claims actions are defined in General Statute Sec. 51-15, filed in 22 different court locations, and are limited to $3,500 [Effective October 1, 2005, the amount will increase to $5,000]. Additionally, there is no limit in landlord-tenant cases involving security deposit claims.

  • Where to File a Small Claims Matter Small claims description and locator for correct court location and directions.
  • The Small Claims Process [PDF] Pamphlet to assist thoseinvolved in the small claims process, either as plaintiffs or as defendants. Small claims procedures are described in clear, non-legal language and the locations are listed in an appendix. Rev. 04/2005
  • Small Claims FAQ FAQs on small claims courts from the Judicial Branch.

Last updated on 12/22/08

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:

Next Steps

Contact a qualified attorney to help you with preparing for and dealing with going to court.

Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Help Me Find a Do-It-Yourself Solution

Copied to clipboard

Find a Lawyer

More Options