Created by FindLaw's team of legal writers and editors | Last reviewed June 20, 2016
This article has been written and reviewed for legal accuracy, clarity, and style by FindLaw’s team of legal writers and attorneys and in accordance with our editorial standards.
The last updated date refers to the last time this article was reviewed by FindLaw or one of our contributing authors. We make every effort to keep our articles updated. For information regarding a specific legal issue affecting you, please contact an attorney in your area.
Before You Sue
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit? What Are Statutes of Limitations? It's critical that you file your lawsuit on time. Here's what you need to know. (FindLaw)
Representing Yourself in Court
- Should You Represent Yourself in Court? Represent yourself effectively in court, without being intimidated. (FindLaw)
- Judge versus Jury Trials Even if your case is eligible for a jury trial, it's often better to tell it to the judge. (FindLaw)
Lawyers & Legal Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice Lawsuit FAQs Do you think your lawyer screwed up your case? Here are answers to some of the questions you may have about what to do next.(FindLaw)
- How Can I Find and Hire the Right Lawyer? From the State Bar of California. Cover lawyer specialization, advertisements, fee agreements and more. In PDF format.
You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help
Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.
Contact a qualified attorney to help you with any potential litigation challenges.