Skip to main content

Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Search for legal issues
For help near (city, ZIP code or county)
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location

Non-Immigrant Visas

When a foreign national wants to come to the United States with no intention of staying permanently, he or she must apply for a "non-immigrant" visa. Non-immigrant visas can cover tourists, students, or people coming to the U.S. for employment purposes. Applicants for a visa typically must provide proof of the reason for their visit to the U.S. and may have to keep updating their information if they have to stay longer than a few months. This section covers all manner of non-immigrant visas, with articles on employment-based visas, including H-1B visas for highly skilled professionals, temporary visitor visas, student visas, and more.

Learn About Non-Immigrant Visas

Find a Lawyer

More Options