Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer
Please enter a legal issue and/or a location
Begin typing to search, use arrow keys to navigate, use enter to select

Filing Taxes

Every year, everyone who makes money in the U.S. must fill out a tax return and file it with the IRS by April 15th. The process inspires dread among anyone who performs this task without the help of an accountant. The forms are complicated, and the definitions of terms like “dependent” and “exemption” can be difficult to understand. This section has articles that review the definitions of these words and many more. It also has an explanation of the entire tax process: from choosing the right forms to picking the right deductions to sending your completed return to the IRS. Additionally, the articles review what to do if you cannot finish your return on time.

Learn About Filing Taxes

You Don’t Have To Solve This on Your Own – Get a Lawyer’s Help

Meeting with a lawyer can help you understand your options and how to best protect your rights. Visit our attorney directory to find a lawyer near you who can help.

Or contact an attorney near you:
Was this helpful?

Response sent, thank you

Copied to clipboard

Find a Lawyer

More Options