Skip to main content

Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Nebraska Voting Guide

Find answers to your questions about voting in the next election in FindLaw's Nebraska Voter Guide. On this page you will find information about voter eligibility, voter registration, deadlines and required identification, early and absentee voting, what you need at the polls, and special accommodations for voters with disabilities.

Am I eligible to vote in Nebraska?

To be eligible to vote in Nebraska, you must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years of age on Election Day, and a resident of Nebraska and the county where you are registering. Note: In Nebraska, 17-year-olds can register to vote if they will be 18 on or before the General election.

You are not eligible to vote if you are currently incarcerated for a felony offense or it has been less than two years following the completion of your sentence, including any court-ordered parole or probation. You also cannot vote if you have been found by a court to be mentally incompetent.

Check your voter registration status here.


Where Do I Vote?

You must cast your in-person vote at your assigned polling place. If you do not know the location of your polling place, go to Votercheck. Polling places are open between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CST, or 7 a.m. to 7 pm. MST, on Election Day.

How to Register in Nebraska

There are several ways to register to vote in Nebraska. This includes registering:


Using NEReg2Vote, which is available 24/7 and accessible by computer and mobile device.

In Person

At your county election official's office. Find the location of your election official's office here.

At the DMV

At a state Department of Motor Vehicles when getting or renewing your driver's license.

By Mail

By downloading the voter registration form and mailing it to your Election Official's office.

Nebraska Voting Resources

Your vote counts. Take the time to learn how and when to vote.


Protect Your Voting Rights

Contact a qualified attorney if you suspect your rights have been violated.

Find a Lawyer

More Options